You must be Logged into this site as an active member to view the nominated players.
Sunday, Nov 12, 2023 – MAVCA Annual Meeting & All-State Voting via Zoom meeting @ 10am
Monday, Nov 20, 2023 – MAVCA 2023 All-State Showcase @ Westborough High School
All-State Selection Process changes with the New 5 Divisions Breakout
With 5 new divisions, the MAVCA Board looked at selections from the past three years to identify trends of where the current selection numbers might fall. Based on this information, the following new breakout is as follows:
- Division 1: 16 players
- Division 2: 16 players
- Division 3/4/5: 22 players (total from all three divisions)
Head Coaches must be a member of the association to nominate.
- Member coaches may nominate any player they see fit, not just their own players.
- Must have stats on MaxPreps to be considered.
- All players nominated must represent a team that has qualified for MIAA Post-season play.
- Deadline for nominations will be Friday, November 4th by 11:59pm ET.
- The MAVCA Board of Directors will review and consider any exceptions to the above criteria on a case-by-case basis.
Statistics are an important part of the All-State process. The MAVCA board will be checking MaxPreps to ensure the best players are being represented. Please be faithful in posting your stats after every game.
Consideration / Voting:
- If a coach is not present, no more than one player from their school will be considered.
- Coaches should be present at this meeting or send a school representative. Coach must be a member in good standing to vote (paid in full/membership MAVCA.)
- Voting is done in two rounds:
- First by division, and by the coaches present. Any member school may have only one voting member cast a ballot. A player must receive a quorum (50% or more votes) to be selected to the All-State team in the first round.
- A second round of voting will be chosen by the board to fill the remaining slots. All decisions are final.
- Final selections will then be posted on our website and forwarded to local media outlets including the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.