Our clinician will be Cora Thompson, Head Coach of Women’s Volleyball at Tufts University.
Topics to be covered include: Technical Training and Individual Skill Breakdown, Defensive Systems and Blocking. Click here to read Cora’s Bio.
In addition to having Cora present, we will also be having representation from the MIAA and MaxPreps to hold a session during lunch on the New Tournament Format that will be put into effect in for next season. This will be a great opportunity for Mass Coaches to learn about all the new changes.
Additionally, Joel Dearing, who is a huge supporter of the MAVCA and a one of a kind coach in his own right, will be on hand to discuss LEADERSHIP. Kathy DeBoer, Executive Director of the AVCA will be joining us to share her thoughts on her book promoting “Gender & Competition-Getting Girls to Compete”. Our own Jacqui Niosi and Roger Anderson will run a 1st year seminar for new coaches.
CLINIC TIME: 8:30 to 3:30 with registration beginning promptly at 7:45 a.m.
As always, a light breakfast will be provided, and lunch will be served.
Vendors will be on site and raffles will be given away throughout the day! Courtesy of AE SPORTS and MIZUNO, one set of uniforms will be raffled off as the top prize for the first 75 coaches who register for the clinic before February 23rd, 2020.
REMEMBER: Deadline to register for the early bird special (chance to be entered into the raffle for the Mizuno uniforms and the court shoes) is February 23rd.
DIG PINK: If you run an annual DIG PINK event, please email email@example.com with your name and the name of your school. We would like to recognize that at the clinic.
NEW THIS YEAR: Sadly, we have lost several our beloved colleagues over the last several years. We would like to honor them and their contributions to the sport, specifically to our State by recognizing them in this year’s clinic book. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the names of those deceased so we can give them proper acknowledgement.
- Registration including a one year membership to the MAVCA is $150.00.
- Any first time coach/attendee will have the opportunity to register for the clinic (to include membership for a year) at the discounted rate of $100.00 through February 24th. After this time the cost will be $150.00.
- The MAVCA will again offer High School Coaching Staff a rate of $300.00 for all coaches on staff of a single high school. In addition, coaches may be bring along up to 2 players who may be interested in coaching in the future.
- All Club Volleyball groups have the opportunity to pay $1000.00 for unlimited number of coaches and will include membership and an ad in our clinic book and website.
- Sponsors will receive an ad in our clinic book and a link on our website for $100.00