The MAVCA has been offering a one day Coaches Clinic for over 30 years, attended by coaches from high schools, clubs and colleges from all over New England. The goal of the MAVCA is to offer a clinic that provides the attendees an opportunity to learn new techniques, drills, coaching philosophies, networking opportunities and mentorship.
Our clinicians for 2022 will be Jeri Estes and Kathy DeBoer.
- 2x Olympic Coach
- Helped the U.S. Women’s National Team place 4th at the 2000 Sydney Olympics
- Helped Russian Women to Silver Medal at the 2004 Athens Games
- Coached at Long Beach State helping the squad to five NCAA tournament appearances including an undefeated NCAA National Championship season in 1998
- Former head coach at Div 1. East Carolina University and UC Santa Barbara
- Coached professionally in Russia, Azerbaijian, and Switzerland for over 10 years
- Co-Founder of Mizuno Long Beach Volleyball Club
- Owner of the Volleyball Factory in Southern California
- Former head coach at Kentucky for nine years, leading the Wildcats to three SEC Championships and four NCAA Tourneys
- Named National Volleyball Coach of the Year in 1987
- Former head coach at Ferris State – leading team to three conference championships and two NCAA appearances
- Helped create USA Volleyball’s Coaching Accreditation Program and served as advisor to the U.S. National Team from 1988 to 1996
- Executive Director of the American Volleyball Coaches Association since 2006.