The Massachusetts Volleyball Coaches Association established its Hall of Fame in the fall of 1999. The inaugural inductees were introduced before the Division I State Championship match at Eastern Nazerene College (Quincy, MA) and new candidates will be inducted every two to three years. A permanent plaque honoring all Hall of Fame inductees is displayed at the Volleyball Hall of Fame in Holyoke, MA.
Hall of Fame Committee
Robin Lee (Milton High School)
Tom Turco (Barnstable High School)
Marge Bohan (Dedham High School)
Any member of the MAVCA may nominate a retired or current coach who meets three or more of the above criteria. Please print and mail the nomination form for this purpose.
Criteria (three required) for Potential Candidates
- Must be coaching high school volleyball for a minimum of 15 years (50% or more in Massachusetts)
- A coach who is retired with a minimum of 10 years head coaching experience in Massachusetts
- The nominee has made a significant impact on the development of high school volleyball in it early years
- Three hundred wins have been recorded (girls volleyball only)
- Nominee was a MAVCA member while coaching
- The nominee has made contributions to volleyball outside the regular season